Saturday, February 18, 2012

Journey through Wikipedia (2)

Day 1 after posting my entry... 

{Surprised that I’m taking this project so seriously since it is the first thing I’m doing on a Saturday morning…}


Happy to report that my entry is still there! No email or message from SudoGhost! I guess what he/she was looking for was the references/sources, because as soon as I got that straighten out I never heard from him/her again.

On another note, I must say that I didn’t think Wikipedia took things this seriously.  I used to think it housed only incorrect and unreliable information (Ok so there is still junk information there) but, for the amount of staff they have and how quickly they responded to my entry; I can see that they do the best they can to keep Wikipedia as up to date and credible as possible. This experience is definitely changing my view about Wikipedia.  (Not saying I’m going to use it for research purposes, but I probably won’t bash it as much as I used to.)

Will check back on my entry tomorrow! Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment