Thursday, January 26, 2012

(Blog 2) Blogging in Cyberspace

Describe your experience and knowledge of writing in general and writing online.

For as long as I can remember I have always used writing as a way to express myself, my thoughts, my deepest emotions.  Throughout my teenage years I recall turning to writing (poems) to document specific periods of my life. Everything I wrote was meant to be read by my eyes only.  I never enjoyed sharing anything I wrote.  I never really felt confident that it was good enough.
Writing is extremely important to me.  I have worked extremely hard to become a better writer.  One of the reasons why I choose English-Writing Option as my content option is because English/writing is involved, embedded in everything we do.  In order to communicate, to teach any subject, in any job, we need to be able to write well.  Since I choose this major, my writing has improved dramatically.  I like to think I’m a good writer.

One thing that I would like to change in my writing process is the fact that I over think things and don’t just allow ideas to flow.  That sometimes gives me writers block.  I think I just want to sit down and a write a paper from beginning to end, when in reality it’s ok to start at the end and work your way back.  I can basically write any type of paper a professor gives me.  If I don’t know a format I will do some research on it.  I don’t really have much experience writing online.  Last semester, I created a blog for the first time for one of my classes.  It was an interesting experience.  It actually gave me some ideas about starting my own blog, but after giving some thought I don’t think I have anything that interesting going on in my life that I would blog about it every day.  I also have a facebook and even though I check it regularly I only post things/status about 3-4 times a month.  I use Google regularly as well.

Overall, I guess that I don’t really write that much online.  These days I only write school papers; that is really all the time I have for writing.    

No comments:

Post a Comment