Tuesday, April 17, 2012

(Blog 15) Wix Website - Draft 1

Ok, so everyone is aware of how much I’m struggling to complete this assignment.  Ughhhh!!! It’s like pulling teeth trying to figure out what all these buttons actually do.  I realized that it takes a completely different type of literacy to read and understands the directions, prompts and sections on the Wix website (anywhere for that matter). Uff!!! Ok, done complaining.
So, I finally decided on a template.  I decided to stick with an original template I found in class.  I thought it was simply and classy at the same time.  I considered building a website from scratch for about 2 seconds, until I realized that I would have to know how to align, add things and add pictures correctly.  I decided that I was better off dealing with some of the restrictions that might be on a template, then opening what would be Pandora’s Box in a blank template. 
With that being said I believe the template is working for me.  I decided to not work any further in the website until I ran over some of my ideas with someone that actually knew what they are talking about.  I decided to meet with a friend of mine who understands computers a bit better than I do.  He gave me the idea to draw a rough sketch of what I wanted my website to look like, before I actually began working on it.  I decided to take his advice and map out my website.  After some back and forth with him, he gave me some ideas and some pointers about things I could change and how I could make it better.  Needless to say, making this website is not such a tedious job when you can have someone next to you explaining what most of those words, buttons and options means.  I think you will be very proud of my progress Professor.    
Please, don’t misunderstand my previous paragraph; I’m still struggling with EVERYTHING! But, I decided that I want to finish this ASAP, so I’m trying really hard to finish it by next class. 
I say all this to say that the link below is literally the format of my website.  I will be working on placing some of the text and pictures in here throughout the week. 
A quick note about the text:  I decided to summarize some of my information.  I will no longer be posting my whole hypertext essay on my website. 
Feel free to leave some constructive comments.
Juliana     
Juliana Wix Website (Melting Pot)

2 comments: